Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunroom: Just Can't Wait to Share



The sunroom is 90% complete.  I can't wait to share with you the results.  Photos were quickly taken, some a little fuzzy  and text could be brief.  My camera skills and equipment are amateur.  I am posting the good and the bad as there is no ugly in this room.  This room is long and narrow and I had no wide angle lens.




The above chair is an antique wicker.  Our extraordinary  upholstery guy, Roger Beck, did an excellent job fitting and making the new cushion out of that fabulous Lee Jofa  http://www.leejofa.com/ fabric.  The morning sun was just right.  The chair sits in front of the client's computer desk area where she can sit enjoy her geneology work and the flora and fauna.


This antique bench cushion and rocking chair cushions are covered in antique ikat silk pieces from Uzbekistan.  The green in the fabric is the exact green of the kitchen walls. 




This new Pearson http://www.pearsonco.com/ chair and ottoman are done up in a lively, dramatic floral linen.  A new durable, indoor/outdoor rug from http://www.shadesoflight.com/ was well worth the wait.  You can spot a brick we used to hold down the edge of the rug until the corners are flat.  As I said I was anxious to post these photos.  We were hoping the Danes, Maggie and Ella, would not be able to sit on the furniture.  Ella and Maggie are the only dogs I know who might weigh more than I do.  The client was resting in her chair and Ella was able to curl her massive body up on the ottoman and lay her head in the clients lap.  Just proves to me that man and beast are both comfortable with the new digs.



The view into the magical spring back yard is framed by the antique bench and rockers.  They do not disturb the beautiful sight.

Two of the chairs sit on either side of an antique mirrored backed cabinet full of the client's crystal.  The new Shades of Light rug ties the whole area together.  Our plan is that the rugs will be dog friendly.


This beautiful antique bar sits between the two sitting areas.  You can see one of the dog's beds in the bottom left corner.


Another shot of the Pearson chair.



These are the owner's wingbacks that were covered in the Lee Jofa fabric.  They sit on either side of an hierloom, maple bookcase.  Bird watching books and binoculars are handy to the client's favorite chairs.


This is the best shot I was able to get of the entire room.  We continue to search for the perfect lamp and as the owners and Maggie, Ella and Priss get to know the room once again, there may be some changes.  All in all,  I think the project was a great success.

2 comments:

  1. This is where I would relax daily. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this room...it just makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete