Monday, April 12, 2010

Baffles Me

Did you know that on many interior design blogs the authors are using photos of work they did not do from the latest magazines or catalogs?  I am trying to only post photos of my own work.  My photography skills are elementary but they get the point across.  I figure most of my friends and clients see most of those photos in Pottery Barn, West Elm,  William Sonoma Home , etc catalogs as well as photos in House Beautiful, Architectual Digest, Elle Decor, Traditional Home, etc magazines. These photos can be great inspiration for both client and designer, but should never reflect completely the finished design product which I believe should be personal.  If I see a fabulous find in a magazine or catalog I will post for friends and clients but the writing experience is so much richer if I am familiar with the interior or item.  I will post web sites that offer good design ideas or product.  I think it would be confusing to my friends and my clients if I only posted photos done by professional photographers of another person's work.   It baffles me that a talented designer using the current technology can not post his/her own work.  I do admire other's work. I also am inspired to use ideas I have obtained from other's work and hope other's have been inspired by my work.  I can only write about what I know first hand.   I have other words for commentary on another's work.  Editing.  Editorial comment.  Baffling.

No comments:

Post a Comment