Friday, January 27, 2012

That Is Just Wrong

Sometimes the best laid plans........  While working on my kitchen breakfast room project I was excited to replace the lighting.  One light fixture worked out beautifully and the other was a complete failure.  As my sister said when seeing the failed  fixture  "That is just wrong".  My banker husband is fairly handy around the house but I must blame a large part of this error on his lack of electrical training.  I will claim the rest of the responsibility.  If you have been following the project on "Living Life with Lillie",  you might remember that this is the fixture that was purchased and planned on for the breakfast room area.

Crystorama light purchased for breakfast room.
In the first place  it came in a white with seriously gold finish not the promised oil rubbed bronze.  I might have been willing to hang it in a bordello if I had been working on a project like that.  the cost of spray paint was less than shipping the item back.  I first tried spraying it oil rubbed bronze.  The finish looked black.  I then spray painted it white.  The white was attractive but not the look I wanted to live with.  I finally found the perfect color -   A color called Apple that looked much like what I would call chartreuse.   Perfect color.  Fixture painted, check.  Chain painted, check.  All ready to be hung in the freshly painted breakfast room.  I tried to avoid being in the house when my husband hung the fixture.  This always seems to work better for the condition of our marriage.  Much to my disappointment this is what I saw when I returned. 


Yes, it was just wrong.  My perfect fixture was not hanging from the chain because my husband said it just wasn't made properly and that's what happens when you order online.  As he had been gone hunting for a month, this was not the time to question his electrical abilities.  Besides, he had cut the wires to install and so past rewiring the light fixture was a total loss.  I have discovered also that even hanging from a chain that the fixture might just have been too petite.  I now am searching for another light.  And, yes I will be shopping online.  And, yes I will hire an electrician to install the light.  After all I don't want the next one to be "just wrong".


No comments:

Post a Comment