Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sheep May Graze

Sheep may graze but people should be more like birds than sheep, including me. ( See previous post)
I am guilty of being a sheep sometimes.  As an interior designer I seldom jump on board  with the fad of the times but am as susceptible to them as everyone else.  In November we went through a redo of our main bedroom.  I hesitate to call it a master as we suffer from loving and living in a hundred year old house.  Our bathroom is next to the bedroom as in all old homes.  I having been using the blue and brown theme in interiors for clients for about 10 years.  My bedroom has been a straw color for the last 15 years.  It is a color that has allowed me to change the look of the entire room by changing the bedding and upholstery.  I loved that.  My choices for the "new" bedroom started with a wall covering from Innovations in Design that I fell in love with.

InnovationsUSA.com  #MB8, Dark Copper
This has a metallic background with mulberry bark in a green blue.

This is the wall covering after it was applied to my bedroom wall.  The trim and wall paint is Pratt and Lambert Carolina Gull, which on the deck and the sample I painted on the wall had more of a gray tint.  I am still trying to like the blue undertones I see every day of my life.  Blue is not the color I wanted in my bedroom.  With trim wall and ceiling all painted this color I am seeing a lot of blue.

This is the finished bed area.  Neutral carpet covers my hardwood floors at my husband's request.


This is a Walter Anderson hand retouched watercolor.  All I see is blue, blue, blue.

Wall lamps are Arterior Home. 

The bedside cabinets are ones we have owned for awhile.  They are so handy because they have individual drawers and all and any small personal item fits nicely.

I had the painters apply a copper finish.  I could not find hardware I liked so I applied jewelry to knobs.  Makes me happy every time I open a drawer.




Bedding has been most difficult to find.  This is a combination of a copper bedspread with a brown quilt.  I am still searching for the bedding that will make me happy.

I had no intention of using the blue and brown combination but it is what it is.  Hopefully, the editorial choices I have made with art and accessories will make me feel more like a bird and less like a sheep.  More photos as progress is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment