Saturday, May 8, 2010

Porch Sitting, Iced Tea Sipping Good

Looking for a good read or something to browse while sipping iced tea on the porch?  If you are a fan of beautiful magazines, I have two to recommend. So many publications are disappearing in this strange economy.   The first magazine was introduced to me by my generous friend, Barbara.  "Garden and Gun" http://www.gardenandgun.com/  is a publication that both my husband and I enjoy.  The current issue has  articles Southern Dream Towns, Good Dog by Tom Brokaw, A Modern Fish Camp as an exampleEach issue features well written articles on design, food,sporting equipment and clothes, and destinations Southern.  The photography is amazing.

Another keeper is "Delta Magazine" http://www.deltamagazine.com/ .  This slick little publication comes from the center of my old stomping grounds.  It is published byJ. Scott Coopwood of Cleveland, Mississippi.  Always chock full of lovely photos, recipes and well written articles.  It is one I keep to look at over and over again. 
Every month an interior design feature and also a feature about a party which might give you an idea or two.  Many issues have featured history articles that are truly enlightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment