Thursday, May 6, 2010

Good Morning Julia Childs







Julia Childs Florabunda.  My first attempt to grow roses.  I love the name and the color.  Color is a rich, buttery yellow. 


 I have placed these two in pots on either side of the entry gate to my patio.  I know I must cut the roses so that I will have continued growth.  I am terrified to cut Julia Childs I and II.  I have received advice from a few people who have some experience with roses but I just can't  make myself cut these beauties.  I will water again today and maybe tomorrow have the courage.  If any of you have experience with roses please advise.






I am on my second year with these seven pots of blue scaviola.  I was told last year to cut these plants so growth would happen and it worked.  I have managed to keep the squirrels from eating the roots so far.  I plan to cut the scaviola on the same day I cut Julia Childs I and II.  I will post photos of the roses in a vase once I find the courage to cut.
Until then Good Morning Julia Childs I and II.

No comments:

Post a Comment