Thursday, August 1, 2013

My Home Office Through the Lens

Looking at a room through lens of a camera can be an eye opening experience.  I recently decided to take photos of my home office so that I could make some decisions about a decorating direction to take.  I love the Hershey chocolate color of this room and have had it repainted twice this color.  So the color will remain.
Sitting area across from desk.

Bookshelf wall with down loveseat.



I love the seating area across from my desk.  I keep small objects in the lighted shelf that remind me of people that have touched my life.  The cowhide on chair is one I have had forever.  It came to me as a black painted chair with bordello red Naugahyde.   The bookshelves other than  needing a good cleaning out could use a coat or two of paint.  I have often thought cream high gloss enamel would make me happy.  The baskets hold paint decks and other unwieldy samples that are necessary to keep.  
Vintage Bessarabian rug.
The vintage Bessarabian rug  softens the antique oak floors.  When I had these floors refinished I chose to have the stain rubbed in with no polyurethane finish and they are soft and beautiful.



 My desk is an old government issued oak court reporter's desk given to me by a beloved relative.  The old typewriter well could hide a small child but is difficult to access.  It is almost always messy but provides a great surface to lay out samples and small floor plans.  This photo gives me much information.  My inspiration board definitely needs to be larger.  Why hats you say?  One never knows when one will find it necessary to run out with unruly hair and the hat is the perfect camouflage.  The photos also demonstrate my need for some type of soft window treatment but I have found it difficult to commit.
Closet
Behind this closet door is a scary combination of file cabinet, oversize samples, old computers, art supplies, etc.  I am almost too afraid to open it.  Out of sight out of mind.  I am sure there are buried treasures here but they will have to wait until some dark winter day.  Assorted professional books (not used often anymore) and various strange art line these shelves.
Faux copper ceiling tiles
I love these ceiling tiles.  They are made of foam and faux painted by an ingenious company and cover old unattractive acoustical tiles installed years ago by the music teacher that once resided here.  I had to get my left brain friend to help my husband glue these up as my right brain just could not do the geometry involved.

A list can be made by looking at these photos.
(1) larger inspiration board
(2) soft window treatment
(3)  CLEAN UP MESS

No comments:

Post a Comment