Saturday, August 3, 2013

CELEBRATING EVERYDAY LIFE


Everyday table setting.



Most of us wait until a special occasion to bring out the fun dishes.  I do this at least twice a week and it becomes our everyday celebration.  It adds about 30 minutes to my prep time and is worth every minute.  We tend to linger longer and the conversation is livelier if I take the time to have a festive table.

Fun bowls were a find at TJ Maxx
 The pieces used are a combination of old and new.  I have two sets of white or cream dinner plates as almost every other color works with these.  The red stemware is from a set of french antiques that I bought at an antique store years ago.  The red salad plate is an old Pier I purchase and the bright happy bowls were a recent TJ Maxx purchase.  The bowl is one of two so I bought large matching mugs to use as salad/accent pieces.  The red napkins are from a set my mother used for years.  They wash and come right out of the dryer ready to use.  
 I keep hothouse plants as they are a good alternative to expensive flower arrangements for an everyday celebration.  I have set an extra plate here hoping a friend will drop in to share our meal.  On this occasion our lovely neighbor honored us.

Simple meals will be upgraded with a table set for fun.  This night we had a bagged meal (chicken Florentine) that took ten minutes, deli bread heated and a salad made with watermelon and tomatoes.

Everyday should be a celebration and this elevates that celebration just a little.

1 comment: