Sunday, February 12, 2012

Chip It

I
I recently installed a new app on my mac and I love it.  As you are browsing you simply hover over the photo and click on the chip it app and it will give you colors found in the palette of the photo.  Here are two done based on a photo of a room.


For those folks that are truly color challenged this can be a powerful tool.  A person can take any photo displayed on the internet and use Chip It to make this happen.  Once you have been through this process you are able to save choices to a file on the chip it program.


These two Chip It profiles were taken of photos of art prints on the William Sonoma Home site.












These profiles of color were based on photos taken during fashion week.



This is such a fun app to play with and to begin to sift through the thousands of colors available.

A person could spend hours Chipping It and come up with some pretty interesting colors.  Could use these pallets to select neutral for walls and accent paints or fabrics.  I highly recommend this app to you for making paint color choices or just for fun.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I had been seeing photos with this on Pinterest. Had no idea there was an app for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this on Pininterest, too. Didn't know it was an app. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete