Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mad About Pillows or "Mad" About Pillows?








As my kitchen/breakfast room redo continues, I find myself more than just a little unhappy about my choices.  I think it has much to do with making the change from Signal Red walls to the subtle soft yellow.   Above is the before photo of the breakfast room.  This is one of the many furniture arrangements I have used over the last ten years.





The three photos above offer a look at the transition after the yellow paint was applied and different furnishings were added.  The art and lamps were too subtle and I realized I was missing color.  In an attempt to add color this is the status to date below.

Settee with vintage needlepoint pillows and colorful oil painting borrowed from another room.


Blue carnival glass bowl with candles and sea glass.

Blue blown glass lamps.


















I have never been a fan of blue but that looks like the direction I am forced to take to infuse color into this room.  I am now looking at a collection of different types of pillows to use on settee to really add that zing that I am missing.  I am considering soft fabric window treatments to add additional color, however, these windows get southwest light and I am concerned about fading, rotting, etc.  I am feeling like adding more chartreuse might be the way to go.

Here are some of the pillows I am looking at and their perspective web connections.  Feedback would be greatly appreciated and helpful as I am either mad about pillows or "mad" about pillows and the insanity is too much for this designer.




Etsy:  JolieMarche; 18" $35.00 Cover only

Etsy:  JolieMarche; 18" $35.00

Etsy: JolieMarch;18" $35.00


Design Legacy;www.aubussonhome.com; 20"giclee' on linen; $155.00



Design Legacy;www.aubussonhome.com; giclee';20" $155.00

Design Legacy;www.aubussonhome.com;giclee' 20"; $155.00

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rebecca,

    Maybe you should consider a couple of solid color pillows behind the print ones. This would make them pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the butterfly. Unless the others are brighter than they appear here, they will not add the color you want. Dana has a good idea.

    ReplyDelete